Sunday, June 10, 2012

8000 Views and Summertime News

Summer has been off to a good start so far. I went to Heart o' the Hills for my counselor orientation, got to see my big brother graduate from Texas Tech, saw so much family that I hadn't seen in way too long!, painted big orders of graduation gifts--and still have more coming! (Kat that's you!), hung out with my best friends, gone country dancing one night, been on about 5 flights, finished an online class, and just had a blast during every second of it. It's been pretty busy over here, but that's the fun part!

TECH GRADUATION!
 Some of my awesome fellow counselors at the Heart! We got a night off, so we were pretty happy!
My parents (and family in the background) all excited to be at graduation

I had an order for one of my close family friends. She and her mom have been in the process of redoing her room, and asked me if I could make a few canvases with her monogram and one with her favorite Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11. It's funny because the color scheme she picked is the one my mom and I used to redo my room this past year! Here's what they turned out like:


After I finished those, I had another order from her older brother! He asked me to make this canvas for a friend's birthday. I love making stuff for guys because they are so funny when they describe what they want, and then they are COMPLETELY amazed when you finish it. It was so rewarding seeing how impressed he was with it! Thanks, bud!! I hope the gift is a hit!

Thanks so much you guys for supporting me. It's hard to believe I have 8,000 views! My brother keeps telling me I need to look into getting sponsored, but I don't know the first thing about that. If anyone has any details on that, let me know. I think that'd be so fun! 


2 comments:

  1. your art is FABULOUS!!!! I found your blog via pinterest and I am loving it! I also recently hit the 8,000 mark! can you imagine how excited we will be when we get to 10,000 or even 100,000?! I plan on pinning some of your stuff so hopefully it will get you some more traffic! feel free to check mine out at www.journeyofsimonsays.blogspot.com good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW thank you so much for your comment!! Seriously made my day! It makes me incredibly happy when others see my blog or my artwork and enjoy it. You are so sweet. I can't wait to check out your blog!!!! CONGRATS about your view mark! 10,000 here we come!!!!

    ReplyDelete