Monday, July 15, 2013

Boot Scootin' Boogie

Happy Monday!

So I have been painting these beauties for about a month now, and I have been spending a lot of time on them because there is so much detail involved in painting cowboy boots. Taylor and I talked a lot about what designs she might want included on her boots, and this is what the final product looks like:



The boots have maroon, white, and a hint of turquoise in the detailing I did with my handy dandy paintbrush. What you can't see very well in the photos, much to my dismay, is the hint of sparkles and glitter I added on top of the maroon. It really looks great when the light hits that glitter! I also added a few rhinestones here and there to add a touch of glitz. It's always fun to have snazzy shoes- especially for game day!!

Let's take another look. Here's a picture of what these kicks look like from the front, back, and side!

(The front is my personal favorite!)
texas a&m custom painted boots
 Now let's take a look at the back! Taylor wanted me to include her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, onto her designs, so I painted "Kappa" in turquoise to match the detailing I painted. Another fun touch was adding tiny rhinestones to the "T" in the Texas A&M logo.
texas a&m custom painted cowboy boots
 Now a glance at what the boots look like from the side:

texas a&m custom painted boots
 I hope y'all enjoyed reading about one of my many projects from this summer. Don't forget to follow @bkraftydesigns on Instagram to get another glance into all of the designs I have been working on lately. It's tons of fun! If you are curious about how to place an order for custom painted boots, shoot me an email at bkraftydesigns@yahoo.com.

Have a great week!
-Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment