It's been barely a week and most of my friends are already swimming in homework, reading assignments, and study groups. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since I started this blog. WOW! What an awesome thing this has turned into. With summer I had more free time to paint, but I forgot how challenging it is to balance school and painting once the exams and such start to pile up. Another important component is your faith.
Something I learned my freshman year is that you should always make time for your time with God. Whether it is reading the Bible, going to church, or meeting up with your small group- always make time for God. There is no match for the peace and joy you get after studying the word. My roommate Morgan was a huge part in my growing faith last year! She encouraged me to come to Austin Stone with her (it's a very casual sort of contemporary worship that most college students go to), and it was great. We were put together by luck (aka Potluck), and I am so happy we were! She's awesome...just one of those small miracles. I don't know what I would have done last year without the wonderful friends I made through my Young Life small group and my Theta Bible study. SO if you're in college I would highly recommend joining a group like this!
Here is the canvas that inspired this post. I did it for Christina Williams Designs! I have done a few different designs of this verse, and I love seeing how different they can be but still share the same message. SO cool!
SHOUT OUT TIME:
I want to give a little shout out to some other people who have been so supportive of bkrafty!
- To my roomies now, thank you for not getting mad when you wake up and my bottles of paint are all over the kitchen table...thank you!
- To Ms. Williams- I simply cannot thank you enough for all of your support. I get so excited whenever you send orders my way. You have helped my little business grow! Thank you!!
- To Erika- you're so supportive of me!!! I am extremely thankful for your friendship. You're going to be so great at starting Young Life at SHSU! I am so excited for you. You are going to do such great things. I know it!
- My small group - you have taught me so much and always remind me of God's love. Thanks for loving me like no other!
- To Mamaw and my mom- you guys probably take up over half of the 13,000+ views. Mom you rock for not getting mad when the entire house in covered in my canvases. I love ya'll!
This weekend I took advantage of the extra day off and did my best to get as many paintings done as possible and finished around seven total.
Wishing everyone a great week!