Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trips to the ER, spinal taps, & friends who stay there with you 'till 3 am

WOW, what a few days it's been!

 I meant to blog earlier, but I had a big quiz on Tuesday, so I studied all day and night. Then, Wednesday I woke up with a splitting headache. It wouldn't go away-even after countless hours of napping. Worst. Migraine. EVER. Later that night it only got worse, so with a fever, a headache that felt like a softball bat was beating against my forehead, and a few other symptoms...4 of my Theta sisters, Megan, Lacey, Elva, and Anne all drove me to the ER. Once we got there, the doctor told me he thought I had meningitis, but he would need to preform a spinal tap to make sure. I really couldn't have asked for a better doctor, though. He was great! After a long night of IVs, spinal taps, weird sleeping patterns, and an insane headache, they diagnosed me with viral meningitis. I definitely don't think I could have made it through the night if it wasn't for my friends. They were all dressed and ready to go downtown when I told them how bad I was feeling and didn't hesitate to take me to the ER. I'm so thankful for them. We were there for about 6 hours (we left at 3 am), but it felt like days. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life-especially without my parents or my brother with me! My mom and grandma were ready to come to ATX at 2 am, but I told them to hold off until the morning. When I woke up this morning, they were about 20 minutes away, and once they got there I felt loads better. Alas, I'm home now blogging from my couch. Thank goodness it's Harry Potter weekend on ABC family or I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'm thinking this is going to be a huge weekend for brainstorming, so watch out readers...amazing creations to come! I solemnly swear. Thanks for your support and prayers everybody! Love love love.


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13


Craft themes to come:
FRIENDSHIP (It's really everything. Isn't it?)
Faith
Courage
Magic (I guess you could say HP is inspiring me..)
Christmas
and LOVE.


Thank you for your prayers and love!
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment