Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Watercolor with a Twist feat. Lilly Pulitzer



One of my favorite craft trends at the moment is watercoloring. There is something so delicate and chic about the way the colors appear luminous off the paper. Feeling inspired by the pop of color that summer brings, I decided to seek inspiration from the queen of bright, happy colors: Lilly Pulitzer.

Something (among the many things) I admire about Lilly was her creativity and how she was never afraid to pair bold pigments of color together whether or not they had been done before. She was crafty in a way that I aspire to be. I love this little blurb about the start of Lilly's career on the Lilly Pulitzer website.




So being the Texas gal I am, I ran with my inspiration and painted a little Lilly myself, but with a twist. My watercolor print is the state outline of Texas filled with my own interpretation of Lilly's pink roses. The print is now available in my Etsy shop. 



Let's have a closer look, shall we? 


I have officially caught the watercolor bug - since finishing this piece, I have started on three more patterns. Rainy days are to blame, and I am not complaining. 

XO BK

1 comment:

  1. You already know I love your blog! You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!! http://wp.me/p45KfN-6t

    ReplyDelete